Monday, March 5, 2012

fabergé egg: balmain fall 2012


photos via style.com

I think I'm a grandma at heart because I have such a weakness for clothes that contain beading, embellishments, pearls, and sequins, and when I saw Balmain's fall 2012 collection, I died. I literally want every single piece from this collection. Wearing these pieces is like wearing a piece of Versailles or a Fabergé Egg! I am drooling over the sweater and jacket in the first and second look. Feed me these clothes! Forget food! Oh my goodness, not to mention the blush wide legged pants with the pearl beading! I seriously can not contain myself right now. I need to calm down.
 Having experience with hand-beading garments, I give major kudos to Balmain's seamstresses because this beading is jaw-dropping amazing. I can not even imagine the amount of time it took to embellish all these garments. I also can not imagine the price of these garments; although, I really would like to know. . . Personally, I really love the new direction Olivier Rousteing (Balmain's Creative director) has been steering Balmain towards. Before Olivier was appointed as the new creative director, I wasn't exactly a fan of Balmain. I look forward to Olivier's future work!

View the rest of the collection here.



follow me on twitter & bloglovin!

6 comments:

TheOtherSideofCool said...

These images are just stunning. I'm a big fan of beading too, so classic and elegant xxx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

I'm in love with the detail shots! x hivenn

Aquí said...

I love this kind of grandma-ish stuff too! I love to look at it anyway, I could NEVER pull this off.

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

Gorgeous!
The fourth look is my fave :)

Unknown said...

i also love this season's collection. the jackets are just amazing.

http://stylishwithabudget.blogspot.com

charlesdusty10 said...

Nice to see something new and elegant.






http://www.celebswear.com/